Customer Care Specialist
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is headquartered in San Antonio, TX and serves more than 18,000 Girl Scouts (girls and adults) across 21 counties in southwest Texas. Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent leadership development organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Customer Care Specialist serves as the first point of contact for inquiries via phone, email or in person. The specialist is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to all members and customers, both external and internal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports functions of a multi-channel contact center.
- Answers incoming calls/requests; engages in problem-solving and provides solutions; manages and responds appropriately to all inquiries including but not limited to email, phone and walk-in customers.
- Maintains a customer-centric environment in the customer service center area at Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center.
- Delivers fast and accurate information; creates cases and directs all issues without created solutions to the correct staff function/member using prescribed processes.
Provides high quality customer service.
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching, locating and delivering findings.
- Maintains contact center database by entering information accurately and quickly.
- Enhances organization reputation by providing a positive customer experience for all those contacted, either in person or by phone and email.
- Ensures all requests for information or help requiring follow-up are completed in a timely manner. Builds and maintains effective internal working relationships and supports teamwork in meeting organization goals.
- Girl Scout knowledge a plus.
Supports administrative functions.
- Processes membership and program payments through registers.
- Ensures all paperwork received is complete with all required information and sent to data entry in a timely manner per prescribed processes.
- Reviews and updates or develops solutions to frequently asked questions.
- Develops instructions for online registration, processes and helpful tips and hints.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in support of the council’s mission and goals.
Licensure/Membership Requirements: The employee is required to maintain membership with Girl Scouts of the United States of America throughout the duration of their employment with GSSWT.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; one year of customer service experience
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Bilingual - English/Spanish is preferred.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Outlook, and Word). Salesforce experience beneficial.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include heavy visual acuity (close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus) required to perform such activities as preparing and analyzing data and figures, using a computer and extensive reading and proofing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands or arms. The employee occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.