Summer Overnight Camp Counselors & Program Staff
Looking for a Summer Job?
Now Hiring: Outdoor Camp Counselors & Specialty Staff for Camp La Jita in Utopia, TX
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. GSSWT has nearly 30,000 girl and adult members in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are currently looking for individuals to fill the following Summer Camp positions at Camp La Jita. Camp La Jita meaning “precious possession” was aptly chosen as the name for our resident camp on the beautiful Sabinal River near Utopia, Texas. Camp La Jita rests on 236 acres of Texas Hill Country land, one hour and twenty minutes west of San Antonio.
We are accepting applications for the following seasonal summer camp positions now:
(STAFF WILL STAY ON-SITE FROM JUNE THROUGH EARLY AUGUST)
- Administrative Assistant
- Assistant Camp Director
- Lead Unit Counselor
- Assistant Lead Unit Counselor
- Kitchen Supervisor
- Kitchen Aide/Cook
- Nurse/Health Supervisor
- Horseback Riding Director
- Horseback Riding Assistant Director
- Horseback Riding Staff
- Waterfront Director
- Program Director
- Program Specialist Archery
- Program Specialist Arts & Crafts
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older (unless otherwise specified)
- Successful completion of a background check
- First Aid and CPR certified is highly preferred
- Attend training sessions on camp property from June 5, 2023 – June 9, 2023
- Ability to reside at camp property from June 11, 2023 – August 5, 2023 ( one weekend is required, will be given an alternate day off)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable means of transportation to and from camp site
- Must enjoy working with youth
- Experience with child interaction and supervision (camp setting is a plus!)
- Willingness to work as a team member
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility, energy and good sense of humor
- Girl Scout experience is a plus!
- Meals and housing provided!
- Great memories and tons of fun!
- Make lifelong friends!
- Have the best summer ever!
- Utopia, TX 78884
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer