Summer Day Camp - Nurse/Health Supervisor
Looking for a Summer Job?
Now Hiring: Outdoor Camp Counselors & Specialty Staff for Camp Metro In San Antonio, TX
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. GSSWT has nearly 30,000 girl and adult members in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are currently looking for individuals to fill the following Summer Camp positions at Camp METRO.
- Cares for the physical well-being of everyone in camp. Takes care of all cases of illness and accidents of campers and staff.
- Keeps heath records; records all treatment in bound book and other health information including insurance claims.
- Maintains first aid equipment.
- Inventories all medical supplies at the end of the camp season; disposing of items that cannot be kept through the winter, packing for storage supplies that are useable.
- Prepares records for office files, including health forms for all campers and staff, inventories, daily treatment sheets, individual health records, and accident and illness insurance forms.
- Notifies Camp Director immediately of all serious illnesses and accidents.
- Transports any ill or injured person to the doctor or the hospital when needed.
•Registered Nurse (RN) or EMT with a license as required by that state law. Able to disperse medication. LVN if also certified to dispense medication.
•Current First Aid Certification and experience in first aid and emergency management.
•Attend training session for position June 5, 2023 – June 9, 2023
Must be available for camp sessions June 12, 2023 - August 5, 2023
•Driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
•Experience in both children and adult illness/injury care.
•Desire to work with children and young adults.
•Community health knowledge.
Required experience: RN/EMT/LVN certified to dispense medication: 1 year
Location: San Antonio, TX